MS Office 2013 aka Microsoft Office 2013 is a productivity software launched by Microsoft in 2013. It is the successor of Microsoft 2010 and comes in both 32-bit and 34-bit versions. The office suite includes Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft InfoPath, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft SkyDrive Pro, Microsoft Visio Viewer, Microsoft Word, Office Shared Features and other Office Tools.
With Office 2013, Microsoft introduced expanded file format support, touch input support, and an updated interface based on the Microsoft design language. This has been combined with the new ribbon interface layout that users have seen from the previous version, also removing the complex cascading menus. This is good news, while the bad news is that Office 2013 has stopped supporting Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Some of the notable changes are: –
- Office 2013 now supports embedding photos online with content from Bing.com, Office.com and Flickr.
- The possibility of inserting video and audio online and dissemination of documents on the Web was implemented in Microsoft Word.
- In addition, Microsoft Word got better text wrapping and track change features.
- You can now import PDF files in Microsoft Word.
- In Excel, a tool is introduced for filtering data in a timeline, the possibility of converting Roman numerals to Arabic numbers, and integration of advanced trigonometric functions. Flash Fill is now available in Microsoft Excel.
- PowerPoint included new templates, models, and transition effects, and the ability to return to the last seen or edited location in Word and PowerPoint.
- Outlook introduced the most noticeable changes, including a new view of scheduled operations
- OneNote included a new splash screen.
In this article, we will show you how to download and install the full version of Microsoft Office 2013 for free. Hence, follow the instructions below for guidance on how to install Microsoft Office 2013 on your Windows and Mac powered devices.
System Requirements to install MS Office 2103
Your system must meet the minimum system requirement criteria. Otherwise, the downloaded files will not work on your computer. Please check the system requirement below.
|1 GHz minimum or faster
|1 GB RAM (32-bit); 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
|3 GB of minimum storage space
|Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and a 1024 x 576 or higher resolution monitor
|Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
|.Net 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
Want to try out the all-new Microsoft Windows then Download Windows 11 for free.
How To Download And Install Microsoft Office 2013 for free
Various speculations are being made about getting Microsoft Office for free. However, it is almost impossible to get the genuine version of MS Office 2013.
If you are a school or university student or at work as an employee, there are chances that the institution itself will provide you with a student ID for accessing MS Office features or the workplace will award you an account to use strictly for work purposes.
For this, you may be allowed to use the student ID or work login when you log in to your Microsoft account to install MS Office. However, the account will be gone once you leave the institution.
Microsoft Office 2013 Download (Official)
The best way to enjoy all office suite features is by using the official version of Microsoft Office 2013. In this way, you don’t need to worry about any bugs or future updates. You will receive every update and will always remain on the safe side. You can directly purchase a copy of Microsoft office 2013 from the Microsoft store. Or else, you can buy it from the below link.
The best way to take the advantage of all the Office suite features is by using the genuine and official version of Microsoft Office 2013. This way, you don’t have to worry about any bugs or future updates. You will receive every update and will always be safe. You can buy a copy of Microsoft Office 2013 directly from the Microsoft Store. Or you can buy it from the link given below.
If you need assistance in downloading and installing genuine Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows or Mac powered devices, you can follow below the step-by-step guide.
How To Download and Install Genuine Microsoft Office 2013 On Windows PCs and Laptops?
In order to download and install MS Office, follow the given steps diligently:-
- Visit the official link https://www.office.com/ and move to sign-in to your Microsoft account, if you have not already signed-in.
- The page will open, after signing-in successfully, that shows you the Office Purchase page. Select the orange button that says Install.
There are also various specifications available if you check carefully. Besides the Install button, the version, edition and language are mentioned. You can install any version of bits but it should be compatible with your PC. Generally, the by default ones are already selected and mentioned.
- A dialogue box shall pop-up that will ask saving and installation again. Click on Install.
- Now, you will see that in your File Explorer, in the Downloads section, the downloaded file of MS Office will be available. Double-click on it to access the file and then run it.
- A dialogue box shall appear that would ask for permission for installation with a clause if you would like to allow some changes made by this newly downloaded and installed file to your existing files. Click on Yes.
- The installation process of all the apps of Microsoft Office will begin. Wait till the procedure is complete.
- Once the message ‘You are all set! Office is Installed now’ pops up, click on the Close button below it. The software has been installed.
In order to get the Microsoft Office activated, follow the given steps:-
- Click open the Microsoft Word app by clicking on the Start button on the lower-left corner of your system. You can type the name there and access the files.
- Now, when the search results show the Microsoft Word file, click on it.
- When the Office app opens, the license will show. Probably the Get Started part might pop-up too. Therefore, accept all and then start using it frivolously.
Possibly known to only those users who have either brought a new laptop or computer or upgraded their system, Microsoft has brought some extraordinary changes in the MS Office files especially the MS Word File. Now, seemingly, the features are rapturous to use along with various features providing further access to you.
How to Download and Install Genuine Microsoft Office 2013 On Mac PCs and Laptops?
For getting the MS Office software installed on your Mac device, you have to follow the given steps accordingly:-
- Go to this link (https://www.office.com/) and sign-in to your Microsoft account. While signing, here also you have the option of choosing between a Work account and a student account.
- When you sign-in, the page will show the Install button with your subscribed name. Select the Install option and let the file be downloaded.
- Once the download of the file is completed, move to the Finder to get the downloaded file in the Download section. Click on the file and run it. If you happen to see an error while launching the file, hold Ctrl and then click on the file.
- Click on Continue upon the first update and the installation process will start.
- A software license might pop-up. Read and review it carefully before clicking on Continue to proceed further. Select Agree for agreeing to the terms and conditions and then continue.
- Select the option of how you wish to install the MS Office and then click on Continue. You will be shown some space disk specification, requirements as well as the location of where the installation will hammer the final nail in the coffin.
Kindly note that along with this, there will be an option to Customise your choices by clicking on the Customise button. You will be allowed to choose the apps and programs to install from MS Office if you do not wish to install them entirely.
- Then, a window will be prompted to confirm your Mac user credentials to direct the installation procedure. Then, once the software is installed, click on the Close button.
- Now, in order to activate the installed MS Office for Mac, click on the Launchpad icon on the dock and then click Microsoft Word from the options of apps that flare out from the Dock.
- The window would appear for the Word app that reads, What’s New in Word and then click on Get started that shall start activating the app for the Mac PC.
Once the Mac PC has MS Office activated, the user will be able to access these apps from the MS Office easily.
Alternate Method For Free Download of MS Office 2013
- Visit Softonic official site (Download link) and download the MS Office 2013 trial version for free.
- Once you complete the download, run the software on your device respectively.
- In a few steps the software will be installed on your device.
- Once the installation is complete then we need to activate the installed MS Office 2013.
- Now follow the How to Activate MS Office for Free guide
So, what do you think about the above-mentioned steps for installing MS Office on both Windows and Mac PCs? Let us know in the comments!
If you want to install MS Office 2019 or MS Office 2021 then, you can follow below our guides.
See More: Download MS Office 2021
See More: Best Android Office Apps for smartphones