Snapchat is a popular mobile app that allows you to share quick and entertaining clips with your friends and family. However, there may come a time when you wish to distance yourself from certain individuals. Blocking is the ideal solution. Keep reading to learn how to block someone on Snapchat.
If you find yourself blocking the wrong person or just want to temporarily block someone, we’ll also provide steps on how to do that. Read on to discover more.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat
To block someone on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Tap your profile picture at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Add Friends” button to search for the person you want to block.
- If you’re blocking a friend, tap “My Friends.”
- Use the search bar to locate the person you want to block.
- Tap and long-press on the person’s name you want to block.
- Tap the “Block” link.
- Confirm the action by tapping “Block” again.
And there you have it! The person you’ve blocked won’t be able to view your Snaps or send you pictures anymore. To block someone on Snapchat, you’ll need to locate their profile, long-press their name, and then hit the block button.
See More: How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat
But what if you accidentally blocked the wrong person or want to unblock someone you previously blocked? Keep reading to learn how to unblock someone on Snapchat.
How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat
To unblock someone on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Log into your Snapchat account.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap the settings wheel at the top right.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- Tap “Blocked.”
- Find the person you want to unblock and tap the “X” next to their name.
Once you’ve done this, the person will be able to message you and see your Snaps again. This is especially useful if you accidentally blocked the wrong person.
And that’s all there is to it when it comes to blocking and unblocking someone on Snapchat. Now, those unwanted messages from persistent individuals will finally cease. Remember, if you believe someone is harassing you on Snapchat, don’t hesitate to report them to Snapchat to ensure their removal from the platform.
For more helpful guides and tips, check out our How to Section.