Spotify is one of the popular music streaming app that has millions of songs from talented artists from all over the world and people love to listen, discover and share music effectively on this platform. However, many people now want to delete their Spotify account because of the hefty monthly subscription fee. In fact, there are many free options available today that allow people to stream music online.
So, if you are wondering how to delete a Spotify account then don’t worry, there is an option by which you can delete an account from Spotify. Here’s what you need to know about it.
How to delete Spotify account?
If you don’t wish to pay the 3-month subscription charge of $9.99 for using it then, you can delete your Spotify account. However, you can only delete your Spotify account by login into the Spotify website via a web browser. The mobile app doesn’t have such options.
Note: If you use the free version you can delete your Spotify account. But, if you have a premium subscription, it needs to be canceled first, and then you can delete your account. Also, make sure that you are aware of the repercussions. Once you close the account, you will not be able to use your current username and also you will lose all your data such as playlists and music that you saved into your library as well as the followers that you have. Though, you have an option to get a new account with the same email address later.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to delete your Spotify account
To delete your Spotify account, head towards the Contact Spotify Support page and click on “Account”. Then click on the “I want to close my account.” You have to continue clicking until you get an email confirmation along with a link to permanently close your account.
1. Go to the Contact Spotify Support page and click on the “Account” option.
2. You have to click on the “I want to close my account” option.
3. Now, you need to verify that you actually want to permanently close your account, or just cancel your paid subscription. Click the black “Close Account” option on the left side to move forward with deletion.
4. Now a page will appear that says “We’re sad you want to leave us” and will begin the five-step process to close your account. Click the blue “Continue” button to move forward after each step.
5. Next you need to verify that you’re signed in to the correct account. Then, click on the blue “Continue” button.
6. Spotify will warn you of the consequences that you’ll lose your followers as well as the playlists. Check the box confirming that you understand these consequences, and then click on the blue “Continue” button.
7. Click “Continue” once again on the next page. Now, you’ll receive an email to confirm you still want to close your account. Now you have 24 hours left to act on the received email to delete your Spotify account.
8. Open the link you received and click the final “Close My Account” option.
Spotify has millions of songs and the users love to stream through the extensive list. It comes with many wonderful features and also showcases views, and you can find incredible songs of talented artists in it. However, if you don’t want to use it and want to delete your premium account then this is how you can do it. But, we suggest canceling the subscription and use the free version of Spotify instead of deleting it.