Many of us have been in at least one situation when we are sad that we have been blocked from contacting a friend on WhatsApp. There are different methods to know if you have been blocked on WhatsApp. For example, if your messages aren’t going and sent are stuck or your calls to the user aren’t “ringing” for a long time, they’ve probably blocked your friend on WhatsApp.
There is no shame in being blocked by someone, and it can happen to any of us. But if you are looking for a solution to unblock yourself, here is a quick hack to do it. The easiest way is to delete and set up a new account for yourself. Deleting and setting up a new account works for most users and can be a lifesaver if you have been blocked by someone you need to contact.
How to Unblock yourself on WhatsApp!
- The first step to unblock yourself on WhatsApp starts with deleting your account, open the application on your smartphone and then go to the Settings section which you can see at the top-right corner.
- Tap on the Settings option and then navigate to the Accounts section of the app which is located right next to the key icon at the bottom of your profile.
- Once you are in the Account section, go ahead and tap on the Delete My Account option.
- Now a pop-up will appear telling you that you will be removed from all WhatsApp groups and your messaging history will be erased.
- Now you need to select the country in which your phone number is linked to your account and then tap on the orange “Delete my account” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Then this action will be confirmed on the next page of the application.
- Once you have deleted your account, go ahead and delete the WhatsApp Messenger app and restart the device.
Plus, it’s always healthy to decide your course with your friend. Then, perhaps, a quick call might do the trick. Happy Chatting!
Please note, following this method will delete all temporary cache files from your device so while it is not a mandatory step, it is good to be safe to make sure that your trick works without any issues.
Once you have completed the above steps you can open Google Play Store and search for the WhatsApp Messenger app, open the list of apps, and hit on the Install button to start the installation.
Once the download is complete tap on the Open button and WhatsApp Messenger will open in the setup screen. You will have to accept the WhatsApp terms and conditions and you will be prompted to set up a new account. When you have to enter the required fields, you will need to verify your phone number through an OTP sent as a text message. Your new account will then be unblocked from all contacts who previously blocked you on WhatsApp.
While the above solution is pretty simple and fixes the problem for most users, most users don’t want to risk their entire account just to be able to talk to one person. It is also important to know that using the account deletion method removes you from each participating group on WhatsApp. You will need to request the administrator of each group to add you back to the group manually after you are removed.
Also, you can request your mutual friend to create a group with you and the user who had blocked you previously, once the group is created, your friend who is the moderator in this case can leave that group Thereby you and other users can even interact if blocked. This will still prevent you from calling another user but at least provides some means of communication.
WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging application and has the highest number of users as compared to other platforms, this also means that it attracts a lot of attention from unwanted places. This results in real users being blocked by other users as spam.
If for some reason you have been blocked by an important contact and reaching them is of utmost importance to you and using the above measures can be very helpful.