WhatsApp is a great messaging application that can be used on any device. It brings many features that one can use to make the best out of it. However, many users want to enhance their experience on the app and this is where WhatsApp mods come in to bridge the gap.
The unofficial version of WhatsApp entices users with promising features that are not on the official WhatsApp app. However, the question is whether it is safe to use such modified apps on your smartphone. Well, we will go through some trusted third-party WhatsApp mods and their features in detail. We will also answer the most asked question in this article.
The Most Popular WhatsApp Mods!
We have collected the most trusted WhatsApp Mods that bring several exciting features such as you can run two WhatsApp apps on one device, easily send videos up to 1GB in size, enjoy multiple themes, and so on. So, without further ado, let’s check them out.
- WhatsApp Plus
- YoWhatsApp (YoWA)
- Fouad WhatsApp
One of the most popular WhatsApp mods with millions of installs across the globe. This alternative to WhatsApp remains at a high level for most users. The app is clean and straightforward to use. In fact, you can be assured of great privacy and security with GBWhatsApp.
- It allows you to copy the status messages of your other WhatsApp contacts to the clipboard.
- You can use two different WhatsApp accounts at once.
- Multilingual WhatsApp Mod that has the ability to set the ‘Always Online’ feature.
- Unique and funny-looking emojis and WhatsApp stickers are added with every update.
- You can keep WhatsApp chats private so that they are not visible on the main dashboard.
- It has the ability to run and use both the original WhatsApp Messenger and GB WhatsApp Mode simultaneously.
- You can set an auto-reply to messages when you’re busy or not available.
- Message Scheduler and payment options are available.
- It allows you to create your own custom themes for a personalized experience.
You can download the GBWhatsApp mod here to enjoy these sets of features and more on your Android device.
2. WhatsApp Plus
Another top-rated WhatsApp mod is WhatsApp Plus (WPlus) that you can try using on your Android phone. Designed and developed by Rafalete, WhatsApp Plus comes with a slew of features that can help you make the most of your chatting experience. You can check below some of them.
- It allows you to add a WhatsApp group description if needed.
- You can post WhatsApp video status for more than 30 seconds.
- High-quality images can be shared by default using WAPlus.
- You can filter messages to find a specific conversation.
- It allows you to send files up to 30 MB in size, whereas the original WhatsApp Messenger just allows you to send up to a size of 16 MB.
- You can add up to 256 Members to a WhatsApp Group.
- It allows you to share themes with your friends.
- You can get notifications for revoked messages.
Download WhatsApp Plus!
3. YoWhatsApp (YoWA)
Similar to the original WhatsApp messenger but with added features, YoWhatsApp is another great mod app that you can try this year to enhance your conversations. With this, you can run triple WhatsApp accounts on the same device. You can also customize it as per your needs and requirements.
- You can auto-reply to messages when you’re busy.
- There is a new style of chat bubbles & blue ticks.
- You will get extra features for Group Admins.
- There is a new set of Emojis and WhatsApp stickers available.
- You can copy someone else’s WhatsApp Status.
- Allows you to share WhatsApp Videos for a size of up to 50 MB.
- Over hundreds of languages are supported.
- You get the ability to create WhatsApp Broadcast for up to 600 people.
- Schedule WhatsApp messages.
- You can also disable voice calls if needed.
These are a few features that come with YO WhatsApp, once you download this app similar to WhatsApp you can explore more amazing features & options.
4. Fouad WhatsApp
Designed and developed by Fouad Mokdad, Fouad WhatsApp is another amazing WhatsApp mod that offers you a wide range of features apart from the official WhatsApp application. It comes with tons of customization features, themes, and other privacy options along with an attractive user interface.
- You can customize your WhatsApp with wallpapers, themes, font styles,
- There are over 2000+ total themes, 50+ font styles, and 20+ blue tick styles which you can download inside the app.
- Allows you to hide status seen, last seen, and blue ticks as well as you can revoke the messages deleted by someone.
- Ability to change the pending message colour.
- You can hide all the media files from the gallery.
- You will get some extra features for Group Admins.
- You can also create a WhatsApp Broadcast list and add up to 600 people.
- WhatsApp messages can be also scheduled according to your needs.
You can download this WhatsApp mod apk here on your smartphone.
Last on our list of best WhatsApp Mod Apps is OGWhatsApp which comes with a clean and user-friendly interface. This makes it unique and different from other WhatsApp mods. The application allows you to use multiple phone numbers with WhatsApp using a single smartphone. You can check out below the set of features offered by this best WhatsApp mod.
- It comes with a pre-built message scheduler
- You can share HD Quality images by default.
- It has more than 1000 themes to customize your chat screen.
- You can download the statuses uploaded by your contacts.
- You can share up to 90 images in one go.
- Let you send a message or call a person even if they are not on your contact list.
- You can set a password to a particular chat or even complete app.
- The WhatsApp mode exceeds the limit of characters for Group names.
- You get to change the background and fonts in your WhatsApp application.
You can download this WhatsApp mod on your smartphone to take advantage of these features.
Disclaimer: Make sure you back up your chats and media files before uninstalling or installing any WhatsApp mods.
How to Install WhatsApp Mod on Android Phone?
To install your favorite WhatsApp mod, follow below the steps: –
- Download & Install any of the WhatsApp Mods from the list.
- Allow your Android device to install APK Files from unknown sources.
- To do that, navigate to Settings > Security > Locate the option “Unknown Sources”.
- Now tap OK & select Trust, to allow App Installs from Unknown Sources.
That’s all. Your WhatsApp Mod is now ready to install. In some apps, you might need to verify your number.
Common FAQs – WhatsApp Mods
Q. What Is WhatsApp Mod?
The term MOD is an acronym for the word “Modified”. So, basically, WhatsApp Mods are nothing but a modified version of the official WhatsApp app. These apps are designed by third-party developers using the official WhatsApp framework.
Q. Why Should Anyone Use A WhatsApp Mod?
Most of the users go for the WhatsApp mod for the added benefits that are not provided by the official WhatsApp messenger app. Also, these mods offer better controllability and chatting experience. For example, with the original version of WhatsApp you can’t download someone else’s status videos, you can’t send large files or attachments, and you have restrictions on adding a limited number of members to WhatsApp groups.
Q. Is Using WhatsApp Mod Safe?
It is completely up to you. However, WhatsApp Mod is not the official version from a legal point of view. Hence, the original Messenger app can take any legal action against both the mod APK developers and its users at any time. Plus, the basic version of WhatsApp is based on end-to-end encryption for messaging and voice-calling, which means that the chances are zero that any third party can retrieve your communications. But with WhatsApp mod, there is no encryption system so there is risk involved.
Q. Do I need to root my android smartphone?
No, it is not necessary to root your device. You only need to meet the minimum required Android version and need to grant necessary permissions to run the app, such as access to mic, location, contacts, etc.