One of the coolest new features in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is the redesigned Safari browser. The browser interface has changed, and there is support for extensions, just like on the Mac.
The version of iOS 15 already downloads all comers. There are already enough Safari browser extensions in the App Store, and below we’ll highlight the best of them.
Best Safari Extensions You Should Try
- Microsoft Translator
- Hush Nag Blocker
- Web Inspector
- Language Translator by Mate
Grammarly is a well-known text tool. The extension finds errors in your text in real-time. The paid version also supports the following functions:
- Checking the semantics of the text.
- Plagiarism checker to protect against duplicate text.
- Advanced grammar correction.
The Grammarly extension automatically starts working as you type and corrects your mistakes.
Safari has a built-in translator, but it has a limited number of supported languages. The same cannot be said for Microsoft Translator. It is a free user-friendly translator with support for over 70 languages. With the help of the extension, you can easily and quickly translate any website.
- Synchronization of translation across devices.
- Translation of audio for video in foreign languages.
- Translation of offline pages.
Pocket is one of the best bookmarking extensions out there. You can save news, articles, recipes and web pages for later reading. There are free and paid options.
- Sort and find your saved files by content type.
- Synchronization across all your devices.
- Offline reading and text-to-speech translation.
If you want the best ad blocking extension, this is it.
- Safe ad blocking in Safari.
- Protecting your privacy.
- The extension is completely free.
1Password users will love the new Safari extension. The extension allows you to view your passwords right in Safari and embed passwords on web pages. The extension can automatically fill in and two-step authentication codes. If you have an iPad, 1Password works as it does on a computer. The extension is displayed on the toolbar for quick access.
Apollo for Reddit has created the Amplosion extension. The extension redirects you to the original web page when you open an AMP link in Safari. The app also lets you keep track of how often you visit AMP links, as well as how many times the Amplosion extension helped you avoid them.
The same developer has created an extension that adds the HTML Web Inspector to Safari.
The CardPointers extension finds various promotional codes for online stores. The extension supports thousands of different sites. It will help you save money, as well as suggest the best deals.
Cheep app helps you find the best deals. It now has a Safari extension. The extension will tell you if the selected tickets are worth buying or if they are overpriced.
10. Web Inspector
The HyperWeb extension allows you to customize almost all elements of the Safari browser. You can block ads, turn on search personalization, and change the design of your web pages. The app also picks up recommended improvements.
Safari has a built-in translator, but the Language Translator extension takes translation to the next level. The extension can automatically translate sites from 40 languages without your intervention. You can also highlight text for translation.
The Vidimote extension allows you to control video playback through a toolbar. You can change the video speed, rewind, switch modes, etc.
This extension allows you to manage sites that you host frequently. You can use features such as context menus, text editing, drag and drop, and autocomplete. The extension also protects your online privacy.
Honey is an extension that will help you save money for online shopping enthusiasts.
- Scan the site for available discounts and coupons. The extension automatically finds and applies them to your purchases.
- Analyze prices and reviews to find the best deals.
- Use Honey’s promotions for maximum savings.
This is another money-saving extension. It notifies you which of your money cards is the most profitable to use.
- The extension notifies you about available cashback.
- Choose a standard tip amount for each of your cards.
- Manage your ongoing transactions.
CardPointe supports over 3000 cash cards from 600 different banks.
Nobody likes pop-up ads, and the 1Blocker extension can block them.
- Block trackers, pop-ups and autoplay videos.
- Set custom rules to block specific addresses.
- Synchronize your settings across all Apple devices.
1Blocker has a free version, but the paid version activates all available functions.
That’s all folks! These were some of the best Safari extensions for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 that you can try out this year. Do let us know which one is your favourite.