PUBG, or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, has stormed the entire gaming industry with thunderous entry into the gaming community. Growing as a craze overnight since its 2017 release, the game has been developed and published by the PUBG Corporation.
Available at $30.00, the game is considered as one of the best-selling and highest-grossing video games in gaming history. PUBG involves an online multiplayer mode where the players are thrust into a world where they land in a number of hundreds from parachutes on an island, scour for weapons as soon as they can, and kill enemies while avoiding being killed.
The compatibility of the game lies in the following devices and OSs:-
- Playstation 4
- Microsoft Windows
- Xbox One
The game is also quite popular as a mobile game amongst many who do not have extensive gaming PlayStation equipment. However, it impacts the mobile by causing lags and hangs. Therefore, downloading on a PC would be a better option.
See More: How to Download GTA 4 on PC?
How To Download on Windows PC?
Downloading PUBG on Windows PC is quite easy as Microsoft Windows remains in the list of one of the compatible platforms where PUBG Battlegrounds can run. Follow the given steps to download the game on your Windows PC:-
Step:1: Visit the Steam website and get the application installed on your PC.
Step:2: Go for a quick search on PUBG after that and get it downloaded.
Step:3: Add the game to your cart and then proceed to checkout.
Step:4: Make the necessary payment from suitable paying options and then you will see the game in your library.
Step:5: Follow the on-screen instructions to download the game on your PC.
Can I Play PUBG on MAC?
You can play PUBG on the Mac system as well. However, the hassle would be a lot more than expected. There would be the need for apps like BootCamps for dual Windows and Mac. You might even have to use an iOS emulator in order to get it accessed on the Mac PC.
How To Download using an Emulator?
Yes, you can. Emulators are software that supports cross-platform apps; it means that the apps compatible for other device OS can now be played on another system with a different OS. Therefore, using the right android or console emulator, you can easily run the PUBG app on a suitable PC.
The following steps to install an emulator and run PUBG:-
Step 1: Get a suitable emulator, either of Android, iOS or gaming console that fits right with the PC and the configurations that you are using.
Step 2: Go to the official website of the emulator and download it online (You might have to pay if the emulator is not freely available).
Step 3: After downloading and successfully installing the emulator on the PC from the file that gets stored in your computer, look for the app for PUBG.
Step 4: Install PUBG and run it unrivalled.
Using a PC will also give you a better grip than a mobile. The best emulator available is the Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator.
There are some language settings involved. Therefore, choose only that emulator that can support other languages. Also, extensive use of emulators are not advised because emulators harm the PC they run on due to the obstructive nature upon the collision of two OS platforms in one.
- If you would like to go for some lighter means instead of getting the entirety of the paid version with the heavy size of the game that would weigh on your system, you can easily opt for the PUBG Lite version.
All you have to do is download the lite version online, create a profile and play the toned version without paying a dime.
Minimum PC Configuration Requirements
The minimal requirements needed so that you can kickstart your gaming journey easily by installing PUBG on your compatible PC are:-
- Choose either of the latest OS present: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Get the CPU with either of the configurations: Intel i5-4430 or AMD FX-6300
- With Direct as 11.0, get a memory of 8 GB RAM.
- The GPU configurations include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB or AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB
- The preferred network connection is Broadband Internet Connection
- Make the availability for 30 GB storage space
Recommended PC Configuration Requirements
While the minimum requirements are suitable for getting PUBG installed and able to run, the following recommended configurations would boost the performance of your gameplay:-
- Choose any of the latest OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- The preferred CPU configurations are either Intel i5-6600K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- With Direct: 11.0, the preferred memory is 16 GB RAM
- The GPU specifications include nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
- Recommended connections are linked with Broadband Internet Connection
- 30 GB available space would be a booster
It would be better to get the recommended PC configurations on your sleeves as well because the game has recorded millions of players crazing behind it who are pros and veterans. Therefore, to be on the top of your game, get as much oiling in your wheel as possible to be sleek and stealth on the battlefield to anticipate the enemy movements.
A further list of best configurations for PC that will elevate your game style and provide you an upper hand in the entire gameplay are:-
- The preferred OS should be any of these: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- The CPU configuration involves AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT. Or, you can also opt for the latest Intel Core i5 9600K 9th Gen
- The preferred GPU specification is Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition
- While the preferred memory is 16GB RAM, the storage is around 512GB SSD
- A Broadband Internet Connection would be better.
PUBG Battlegrounds have met with some obstructions during the period while it was rising to the pinnacle of its success, like banning from certain countries on the grounds of data espionage and violent bloodshed content. Yet, the popularity has not diminished even by a few scales.
Upon the first-ever 2017 release, PUBG had made a whopping sales of $11 million within 3 days of its launch. It has won several awards and accolades of being the best multiplayer and action game with appealing designs. It had also contended amongst the topmost levels of gamers’ choice stipulations.
The notorious impacts of the game had however included severe cases of being arrested with the game and eventually, triggered the bans PUBG faces.