Are you facing any issues while playing Sling TV on a Roku device? If you’re having trouble connecting, there could be a number of reasons, from your internet connection to the Roku, even the Sling app, so there’s hardly a reason that needs to be addressed.
Luckily, there are a bunch of troubleshooting tips you can use to quickly fix any problems with Sling TV on Roku.
Go to Sling’s Known Issues Web Page
Before you attempt to change anything, the first step in addressing Sling issues should be to consult Sling’s Known Issues page. For each platform Sling support, they have a section with any open issues listed along with the steps to work through the issue.
For example, the Sling app not loading on the Roku is a listed issue, and it is necessary to sign in and sign out of the Sling app, then update the app/device, and restart to resolve the issue. Sling also notes that if their suggestions don’t solve your problem, you can live chat with a technician on their support page to get additional help, which is another useful resource if anything else doesn’t solve your problem.
How to Fix Sling TV Not Working on Roku
Regardless of your device and issue, below are the steps to resolve issues with Sling TV on Roku.
- The first step in troubleshooting is to restart your device.
- After attempting a restart, the next step should be to confirm that there is indeed a problem with the Sling app or Roku and not with the faulty remote. Partially working a remote-only can seem like there are issues with apps on the Roku when there aren’t.
- Most problems with Sling not working on Roku can be traced to some sort of connectivity issue. Accordingly, rebooting your router and modem is a good second step to see if this fixes the problem. However, not all connectivity issues can be resolved by a simple reboot.
- You can check internet connectivity troubleshooting tips to make sure nothing is wrong with your internet behind the scenes.
Even if nothing is wrong with your personal internet connection, the problem with the Sling TV app could be server-side. So if nothing else works but your problem persists, consider checking online and see if other people are experiencing similar problems at the same time.
- Uninstall the app, then reinstall it on your Roku and sign back into the Sling TV app. Simple, temporary issues can often be resolved by this procedure.
- Update your Roku. Sometimes, if your Roku has become too old, you may encounter problems launching and running applications. Roku should update itself, but if it doesn’t, you can do so manually.
- If nothing else works, resetting your Roku to factory defaults and then reinstalling the Sling TV app is one method that can often solve a variety of issues.
Common FAQ – Sling TV on Roku
- How to report problems with the Sling TV app?
To report a known issue, go to Sling’s known issues list, find the issue you’re experiencing, then select Report this issue. To report a new problem you’re having, open the Sling app and choose Settings > Support, then choose Debug Logging. You will be able to report what you are experiencing.
- How to fix buffering issues with Sling TV?
If you notice that buffering wheel appears frequently while watching Sling TV, this could be due to a drop in bandwidth. There may be too many connected devices using the same internet connection.
You can try changing the channel to see if you’re still experiencing buffering, then try switching to a wired network connection if possible. Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong and that all cables are connected properly.
Try using Sling on another device to see if the problem persists. You can also try rebooting your device. If you’re still having problems, check out Sling’s list of known problems or report your problem.
- How to reset Sling TV?
You have to reset the hardware device on which you are using Sling TV. For example, if you’re using a Sling TV with a Roku device, you’ll restart Roku as described above. If you’re using Sling TV with Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, Android, Windows 10, or another device, go to Sling TV’s help page on restarting your device.
That’s all folks for today! This is how you can fix it when Sling TV is not working on Roku. If you have any other queries then do share them in the below comment box.