If you’re a content creator who makes YouTube videos or even considering doing so then you need to read this. You need to seriously consider using quality background music in your videos. Making a great video can grab an audience’s attention, engage people, set the desired tone, and even create an emotional connection with your prospective customers.
Videos are One of Today’s Best Promotional Tools
A recent survey published in Forbes reveals that videos are the preferred choice for promoting a business. Videos were even chosen over case studies, white papers, and live demonstrations. If you own a business and have products or services to market, offer or otherwise advertise, you need to be using a video to aid you in drumming up new business.
So you like the idea of using videos to promote your business. Great. Let’s discuss how you can make the most of using video simply by adding background music.
Increasing Viewer Engagement by Adding Quality Background Music
You might at first think background music is optional. People should be interested enough in what you have to show or say in your video. It might not be a bad video without music. Your animation may do a fine job detailing your business’ services and demonstrating all your enterprise has to offer people.
Still, if you think about it, you might just notice you get a vibe that something is missing. A YouTube video without background music is essentially not presenting information about your business any differently from an ad in a magazine. A video with background music is much more than that.
Take advantage of all the opportunities a video can provide you. Take advantage of all the opportunities a video can provide you. After all, the attention span of internet users today is incredibly short.
Research has proven that you barely have a couple of seconds to grab their attention. A video with music can deliver the same information but music can set an inviting, friendly tone and generate a positive and assertive atmosphere right from the beginning. Music maximizes the effectiveness of any video. Let’s see why.
Music Helps Deliver Your Message
Here are five specific reasons why you should consider using high quality adding background music in your corporate or small business video:
1. Music will aid you in getting the viewers’ attention even prior to the delivery of your message
2. Depending on the genre, music can immediately set a specific mood whether it be happy, sad, serious, mysterious, playful, positive or something in between.
3. Music sets the pace of your video. It can be slow and mellow at the beginning and then quicken the pace as it follows the specific events in your video.
4. A great musical soundtrack will give your viewers one more reason to share your YouTube video.
5. Music can assist in directing the mindset of your viewers and initiate a connection.
Quality Background Music Helps Create an Emotional Connection
Now that you know this, just what music can you use? Undoubtedly, now you’re thinking about a lot of great tracks that you’d enjoy using in your video. Before you get to work though you need to consider two more points:
1. Does the music you’re thinking of evoke the specific emotions you wish to convey to an audience? Do you want them to feel alert, excited, warm or something else? You might love a certain album cut but it might send the wrong signals to your audience.
2. Last but not least, can you legally use the particular track in your video? Unless it’s in the public domain, music is legally protected by copyright law. You aren’t allowed to use any copyrighted music unless the copyright holder allows it. Using copyrighted music without permission can result in an official copyright strike on your YouTube channel. You may be sued for damages and have to pay between $750 to $150,000 per violation.
So how do you incorporate high-quality background music in your video without paying a lot of money to use a song or settle a lawsuit? Use royalty free music. Royalty-free music is inexpensive and you can use it whenever and however you wish.