MKV aka Matroska video file is a popular video file format used by billions of users around the world. This file format can easily contain visual, audio, images as well as subtitles. This popular file format can be played using a normal video player, however, you may run into difficulties if the player does not support this file format. In this case, you need MKV players.
Since MKV files are known for their high-def due to supporting various other components, there may be times when files will not play properly due to the curation of files from multiple locations. A capable MKV player will resolve this codec issue with filesize and play MKV files flawlessly. It will allow you to load MKV files from CD, DVD, Desktop and Laptop, Mobile and any kind of network. It will also provide you with major editing controls to view the files as per your wish.
Are you looking for an MKV player but can’t decide which one to choose? Here is a list of the best MKV players you can use in 2021!
Best MKV Players to Play MKV Videos
- CyberLine PowerDVD
- GOM Player
- Zoom Player
CyberLine PowerDVD is best suited for Windows 10 and is the best among others. The paid software comes with a 30-day free trial and offers three different options for paid plans like Standard, Ultra, and Pro. The platform has been applauded for being the top choice as MKV player because:-
- It provides an impressive 360 degree VR experience
- It sprays forth formidable audio support
- It allows you to download videos from various websites like Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- A high-quality all-around multimedia platform that organises your library and provides on-demand access. It even allows customisable features to personalise your library using the thumbnails and posters available.
- It provides an impressive sharing platform
2. GOM Player
Firmly supporting Windows PC, GOM Player is quite notable for its user-friendly and easy-to-use user interface as you navigate through the software. The app is free to use and avail of the following attractive features:-
- It supports the 360 VR system readily and can even play the broken AVI files seamlessly smoothly
- It is widely compatible with mobile platforms like Android and iOS. Plus, it can support a variety of file formats.
- MKV players often face the codecs problem which is either ingrained or arises while needing external codecs. Hence, GOM Player already has built-in video and audio codecs in its software to discard the need of importing any. This will ensure smooth running of files without interruption.
MKV files are known to be difficult to handle and cause codecs errors due to the large file size they have. Their large file size is due to the clear 4K resolution image they present to the user as well as the many other components it includes.
Therefore, 5KPlayer shall suit it best because of the following features:-
- It can handle high-def and high resolution videos and images deftly
- It is compatible with other file formats like MP4, FLV, WMV, and so on
- It is well-supported by desktop and mobile
- It allows to stream content even in the absence of PC via other device means
- It runs smoothly and can download videos from various websites like Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, etc.
SMPlayer is completely free to use and surprisingly has a multi-language support system. Versatile platform that can encompass the display of various file formats, SMPlayer with its open-source system can offer the user plethora of following features:-
- It discards the need of incorporating codecs from external sources to play and indulge in the MKV files while playing them because of the already built-in codecs it possesses.
- It has a multi-file formal supporting system
- It allows customisation of entire outlook of the software by providing appropriate skins and icon options for your use
- There are several settings and tools available like adjusting speed, audio, subtitles, etc.
Well supported by Windows OS, KMPlayer is a free to use platform that can provide the following features to the user as an MKV player:-
- It comprises of a vast library to incorporate the extensive video codecs file systems of MKV files
- It has a multi-file format supporting system
- The MKV Player allows various adjustment features like filtering of images, audio and videos, altering the themes and display, saturation and brightness, changing the playback speed, zooming in and out and so on.
- The app is plagued with advertisements
6. Zoom Player
Regarded as the most agile MKV players of all, the Zoom player incorporates automatic smart technology to quickly roll clips. Some of the more advanced features in its library include:-
- It is a multi-file format as well as multi-platform supporter
- Clear and simple interface design with essential options at display
- It is stable and scalable.
- It has an easy and advanced switch for playing the MKV media clips
- It is highly supportive and compatible with the Windows platform.
The open-source MKV file player, Elmedia, stands out with an amazing list of advanced features. Best suited for Mac users, Almedia has the following features apart from letting the user have a tremendously efficient soundtrack controller:-
- It lets the MKV file stream on various other platforms like Chromecast, Airplay and DLNA
- Its channels of collating the audio and video track separately are different for enhancing proficient working
- It allows configuration of subtitles for the videos being played based on the language choices. Its extensive database allows external import of subtitles too.
- It allows you get rid of any consequences of low-quality by deploying tools like deinterlace to remove stripe defects
How To Play The MKV Files?
The steps to open an MKV file for PC are:-
- Download the required and reliable MKV player on PC.
- Go to the MKV file you wish to open.
- Right-click on the file to get a drop-down list and select Open With; you will be soon shown the options you can open the file with. Select the MKV player (that you downloaded) option.
- The File will open in the MKV player.
The Steps to open an MKV file for Mobile are:-
- Download the compatible MKV player app suitable for your device and MKV files you want to play
- Open the app and set it up if required
- Select the MKV files by navigating into the app
- The file will open for you.
So, these were some of the best MKV players that you can use for your PC devices as well as mobile phones. What do you think about these MKV Players? Let us know in the comments which one did you find the best!