Launched in 2019, Apex Legends is a popular online multiplayer game that soon rose to glory collecting largely positive reviews from the critics who gave a round of applause for the combating sequences and the arresting visual appeal as a battle royale game.
Along with winning hearts, awards and accolades, Apex Legends also threatens the popularity of Fortnite because the growing fandom of Apex Legends may cause Fortnite to lose its dominance over the Battle Royale genre of gaming.
The game involves the players choosing a character or ‘Legend.’ Then, once the game begins, the players are dropped in a field where they are supposed to collect weapons and be teamed with their squads.
In the game, the players can use both real-time cash and in-game currency to purchase items. There can be 23 teams with three players in every squad. The players are also awarded the feature of getting shooters as well as respawning and resurrecting aspects.
The Season 9 change of introducing arena battles have again changed the entire outlook of the game as now there are no longer skydives from aircraft but deathmatches in the arena. The Apex Legends game also allows the players to check their own stats on the leaderboard and further such scores.
Apex Legends System Requirements
The Apex Legends is released as both mobile game, PC as well as console gaming. It is primarily available for the following devices and operating systems associated with it:-
- iOS and Android for mobile users
- Microsoft Windows
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
Therefore, if you use any platform except consoles like PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, your device has to suffice the basic criteria in order to fit the game. Without fulfilling these basic criteria, the game shall not work on your system.
The minimum system configurations to download Apex Legends on Your PC is:-
- OS: Min requirement of a 64-bit Windows 7 OS or the latest Windows 10/11 OS
- CPU: Min requirement of a Intel i5 3570K or equivalent processor as such
- RAM: 8GB of RAM Storage memory/space
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- GPU RAM: 8GB of GPU RAM storage/space
- HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space is required
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
The Minimum System Configurations to Download Apex Legends on Your Mobile Phones is:-
As of April 2021, there was a raging fire across the Apex Legends fandom house regarding Apex Legends closing the beta-slots. Due to the closing of beta, only those who had pre-registered might receive the compatibility on their devices.
As of now, the following mobile phones do not support the Apex Legends games:-
- Vivo Y50
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Oneplus 6
- Oneplus 7 and 7T
- Oneplus 8 and 8T
- Redmi Note 10
Therefore, unfortunate news for players is that as a result of the limited seats, only the following mobile phones are supporting the Apex Legends game:-
- Samsung Galaxy M51
- Xiaomi M11
- Realme X
Only these and the pre-registered users can have access to the apex legends game. The users can access the game from their Google PlayStore (for the Android users) or the App Store (for the iOS users).
Also, the minimum system configurations to meet so that apex legends can run on your mobile phones are the following:-
- OS requirement is around A11 Bionic and above for the iOS device
- Snapdragon 625 or above on Android devices
- 1.34 GB free storage space minimum requirement to fit the game as it is quite heavy
- Supportive OS of Android 6.0 and up only (even the Android 6.0 is quite outdated. Try for the latest one).
Apex Legends Recommended System Requirements
While the minimum system requirements will certainly allow the download, it might provide you any boost in terms of gaming performance. Therefore, in order to upgrade your gaming performance, you will need an extra set of requirements.
These are for providing aid to your gaming performance.
The recommended system configurations for Apex Legends on Your PC are:-
- CPU: Around Intel i5 3570K / Ryzen 5 CPU or equivalent is recommended
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM Storage/space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10/11 OS (32-bit of the same might also do for a while but it can only handle 4GB RAM)
- VIDEO CARD: 8 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- FREE DISK SPACE: 56 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 8 GB
How To Download Apex Legends?
While the mobile users (who meet the system requirements, are pre-registered with the beta and hold the compatible mobile) can easily access the game by simply going to their respective app store, the PC users (who suffice the minimum criteria) might have to follow the given steps for downloading the apex legends game:-
- Download the Origin from this link http://origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download and create or login to your EA account
- Go to Browse Games and find Apex Legends
- Add it to the Library and then perform the necessary selection of language, agreeing to terms and conditions tasks as well as the drive to install.
- Now, download. The game will be available in the My Library of your account.
Even though Apex Legends had faced a variety of controversies with regards to its loot boxes, outage of servers and announcement failures, it still manages to be the love of many.
As of September 2021, Apex Legends has recorded a whopping number of 100 million players in totality on its gaming server. Also, as per the August data, there are around 13 million players surfing the game weekly on average. Mostly, its popularity is a result of the game being released on the consoles too.
So, these were the minimum and recommended system configurations for the various devices and their associated operating systems if you wish to download Apex Legends on your PC or mobile phone.
Let us know in the comments what you think about Apex Legends!
(whispers: did you hear about the latest update from Apex Legend? Hearsay has it that the newest legends of Titanfall have been announced!)
See More: Best Online PC Games